Every year many organize and host a holiday party. Are you having one this year? If so, we want to help you have the perfect party and have everything run smoothly! Here is our to do list to help you think and cover everything to prepare for your party. If your party is soon you should have already done some of the first steps.
1. Create an invitation list and select the date, time and place. About 70-80% of your guest list will attend, so keep that in mind if you need to stay under a certain number of people.
2. Pick a theme and start purchasing or creating your decorations and other items to fit the theme.
3. Send out the invites whether it be by mail, email, phone call, text, or even Facebook.
4. Plan out what snacks or food you will serve and create a master shopping list. Tip: Organize the items by how far in advance you can make the item.
5. Plan out your party entertainment. What games, crafts or other fun things will you have for people to enjoy?
6. Line up as much help as you may need. Most of the time someone will offer to help out when they know you are having a party, take them up on the offer.
7. Prepare your linens, seating, dishes, silverware, serving utensils, and drinkware.
8. Decide if you are going to have party favors. If you are, purchase them or plan out when you will make/prepare them.
9. Decide on a playlist if you are going to have music playing.
10. Stock up on alcohol, wine, and beer if you haven’t made your party B.Y.O.B.
11. Make sure you have all grocery and other items needed.
12. Thoroughly clean the house if you are hosting it at your place. If you are having the party at another location make sure you set all the prepared items together in one area, this will help you not miss/forget anything. Tip: make sure you move personal items you don’t want guests to see in areas/rooms that will not be open to guests.
13. Decorate the area(s) and set it up for the event. Make sure you prepare your area where you will display the food.
14. Finalize the cooking/preparing. Make sure beverages are chilled. Prepare the bar area with drink garnishes. Do a last look over the guest bathroom to make sure the trash is empty, towels are clean, room smells clean, and have plenty of nice smelling soap out. Tip: Make sure everything is done and ready 45 minutes to an hour before the start time so you can relax and be ready to mingle with guests when they come.
Just make sure if you do end up realizing you forgot to do something or messed something up to let it go and just enjoy yourself and spend time with your guests!